Loading...

History

The MacNabb Funeral Home, P.A. was originally the Hillsinger Funeral Home located in Ellicott City, which started as a cabinet, blacksmith, and livery service around 1841.  Mr. Hillsinger began offering undertaking services around 1861. His son-in-law, Mr. MacNabb took over running the family business upon returning from WWI during which time Mr. Hillsinger had passed away. Mr. MacNabb and his wife moved the funeral home from Ellicott City to the summer village of Catonsville. The original funeral home was located at Eggs Lane next to the current day firehouse.  Then, in the late 1940's the funeral home relocated to the present location at 301 Frederick Road at the corner of Wade Avenue.  The funeral home has under gone many renovations since then but the charm of the lovely Victorian style home is preserved within its surroundings. The funeral home is still family owned and is operated by George E. MacNabb, 5th generation of the MacNabb family.

© MacNabb Funeral Home, P.A. and Cremation Society of Maryland, INC. | Baltimore, Maryland - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants